Types of Visas


A visa is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter or leave a country for which it was issued. The authorization may be a separate document, or more commonly, a stamp endorsed in the applicant’s passport. Some countries do not require a visa where a treaty is in place.

Work Visas

H-1B Visas
  People working in specialty occupations requiring at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the on-the-job experience, and distinguished fashion models.
H-2A Visas
  Temporary agricultural workers coming to the U.S. to fill positions for which a temporary shortage of American workers has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
H2B Visa
  Temporary workers of various types coming to the U.S. to perform temporary jobs for which there is a shortage of available, qualified American workers.
H-3 Visas
  Temporary trainees coming to the U.S. for on-the-job training unavailable in their home countries.
L-1 Visas
  Intracompany transferees who work as managers, executives, or people with specialized knowledge.
TN Visas
  Work visas for Canadians and Mexicans under the NAFTA free trade agreement.

Permanent Visas


Green Card for Physicians in Underserved Areas.
Green Card: EB-1.
Green Card: EB-2.
Green Card: EB-3 for Workers.
Green Card: EB-3 for Nurses and Physical Therapists.
Green Card: EB-2 National Interest Waivers (NIW).
Green Card: EB-5 Investment.

Temporary Visas


B-1 Visas
  Business visitors.
B-2 Visas
  Visitors for tourism or medical treatment.
E-1 Visas
  Treaty traders working for a U.S. trading company that does 50% or more of its business with the trader’s home country.
E-2 Visas
  Treaty investors working for a U.S. company with 50% or more of its investment capital coming from the worker’s home country.
F-1 Visas
  Academic or language students.
J-1 Visas
  Exchange visitors coming to the U.S. to study, work, or train as part of an exchange program officially recognized by the U.S. Information Agency.
K-1 Visas
  Fiancés or fiancées of U.S. citizens coming to the U.S. for the purpose of getting married.
O-1 Visas
  Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
P-1 Visas
  Internationally recognized athletes and entertainers, and their essential support staff.
P-2 Visas
  Entertainers coming to perform in the U.S. through a government-recognized exchange program.
P-3 Visas
  Artists and entertainers coming to the U.S. in a group to present culturally unique performances.
Q-1 Visas
  Exchange visitors coming to the U.S. to participate in international cultural exchange programs.
R-1 Visas
  Minister and other religious workers.







All contents ©2018 MTCLaw.com. All rights reserved.